Sunday, April 9, 2023

Rainbow Worm, Todd, & Reading Inspo

Hello!

Rainbow Worm is born! It was really great to start working with color this week! Rainbow Worm is finally rainbow!




I also worked a bit on Todd's pattern. I found that working small is difficult, but rewarding!




Draft #1 of Todd (left) and Draft #2 (right)

As I work on the mini-zine-tags for Rainbow Worm, Tarold, Todd, Gandy and Gerdy, I've found it really helpful to read and study graphic novels and comics. Some that I've read this past month that I really enjoyed:
  • Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley
  • Ant Colony by Michael DeForge
  • Big Kids by Michael DeForge
  • The Adventure Zone: Here There Be Gerblins by Carey Pietsch and the McElroy's
And I'm currently reading Ex. Mag #03 by Peow ... it's so cool I cannot recommend it enough. 






AHHHHHHH I LOVE BOOOOOKSSSSSSSSS !